Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Week 1: Arrival

In my excitement for getting the new job, I told them i wuld be available as soon as two caveats were met. I couldn't leave until after Ginny's 3rd B-day, which was great, and after Julianne's wedding, which will go down in the annals of Sherrod parties. Right up there with "Moonlight Cocktails".



Not realizing the wedding was on Saturday and i had to report on Monday made Sunday a very hectic day. A day that wouldn't cooperate. On our way to the airport, we had to turn around to retrieve the laptop, slow people on the road suddenly appeared in everylane and after getting through security minus my toothpaste, the flight was delayed for 3 hours. Watched Prairie Home Companion on the flight. if you like the radio show, you'll like the film i guess. if not, you aren't missing much. not much happens and the camera work made me seasick.

Once in L.A. new roomie Greg Kimble picked me up and took me out for Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles. Whoever Roscoe is, he's a genius to pair the two in a meal. not on the same plate, not maple syrup chicken. just mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm good.
Monday was all about getting settled at DWA, paperwork, rental car, training, etc.

Tueaday was a night on the town. Went out to Santa Monica to see the newly recolored permiere of "SHE who must be obeyed" at the Aero theater. Ray Harryhausen was on hand to present the film in brand new color which he oversaw. I got to talk to him a little before the film about DNA and Ant Bully which he visited a few months ago. He was very gracious but told me "Son, I don't remember what I did two weeks ago". The picture Greg took looks like i'm going to hurl on the man.






I'll post my office window view soon. The company pond, trees, koi, and a sliver of mountains in the distance.



The weekend saw the arrival of Rafael Cuesta, another actor friend of a friend of Greg's. I swear it's turning into college. Campus life, free food, and a frat house. Rafe's very talented and will be searching for the standard rich-and-famous contract here in L.A. Good luck man. He also hooked up my computer back to the internet. Now we're off to Greg's boat for a sunset drift. later.

No comments: